María de Maeztu Gender and ICT program at DTIC-UPF
The Maria de Maeztu Gender and ICT program groups the broad gender strategy at DTIC-UPF, with the involvement of over 100 volunteers. The program has been since its inception set up as a collaborative project with several external entities, including the financial support of companies NAE Consulting, Google, Oracle, Accenture, Schibsted and Zurich Insurances; and the collaboration of public organisations as the Catalan institute for Women or the USA Consulate in Barcelona, as well as entities active in women empowerment such as MujeresTech & Aliados, and Wikimujeres.
Key actions created or supported by this program:
- Over 1.000 participants in the #GirlsHacks and summer courses, encouraging girls as creators using technology
- Boys and girls in spanish schools talking and writing about women in ICT in the award-winning Wisibilízalas contest or the MujeresTech Summit
- Leading professionals mentoring current female engineering students
- Women and men contributing to reduce the gender gap in Wikipedia in the Wikimujeres - ViquidonesUPF groups
- Regular participation in gender and technology events, to inspire other organisations and learn from others
Men and women in tech image from the public domain, downloaded from Pixabay, authored by Geralt.