Advanced Training Programme in Technology for Research: Open call for 8 Technical Officers (ref. CF/23/02)
Scientists at IRB Barcelona are supported by an extensive range of Core Facilities (CF) that provide state-of-the-art technologies and scientific services. These facilities are a key asset for our research, allowing the Institute to obtain outstanding results. They are designed to incorporate the most novel technologies available and provide them to our researchers in the shortest time possible.
Our CFs are integrated into the Catalan and Spanish research systems, which translates into agreements and collaborations with other research institutions. There is also participation in COST action (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) and in European research infrastructures (Eurobioimaging, ELIXIR), thus being part of an international research network.
IRB Barcelona is hiring 8 outstanding Technical Officers to participate in an Advanced Training Programme in Technology for Research to join the Core Facility of their Choice. By joining the Institute, the selected candidates are entering a world of opportunity in which they can contribute to research projects and learn in a unique international and multidisciplinary setting.
Candidates will be involved in providing services which facilitate the collaboration between scientists and enable access to advanced technologies essential to modern research.
Required conditions for candidates to meet, as this position belongs to the INVESTIGO Programme:
- Before the starting of the labour relationship with the institute, the candidate must be registered as a job seeker in the “Servei Públic d'Ocupació de Catalunya” and has to be unemployed.
- Not having previous labour relations with the IRB Barcelona within a period of 6 months, before the beginning of the contract.
- Only applicable for candidates under 30 years old (before the start of the employment contract).
- To have the specific studies related to the field, which give the candidate the competencies and skills required for the position:
- 2 positions for candidates that hold at least Superior Degree Vocational Training (FPII)
- 6 positions for candidates that hold at least a bachelor degree.
Candidates holding a Msc. or a PhD. are also eligible and welcome to apply.
- Availability to join the IRB Barcelona by the 1st of September 2023.