The Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) www.bsc.es is embarking on an umbrella of large-scale projects to design, and manufacture an open-source High Performance Out-of-Order Vector Processing Unit that will serve as the basic building block of BSCs next generation supercomputer, the Marenostrum 6 (MN6) which will be operational in 2028/2029.
The massive hardware design and verification involved to achieve this goal has to be supported by an extensive, solid CI/CD flow for EDA tools, that includes RTL simulation in verification environments or physical design, as well as software benchmarking and evaluation.
You will be in charge of managing, maintaining and improving existing pipelines, and developing new ones.
- CI/CD Devops (Gitlab, Jenkins, Jira, Bugzilla) management, support and maintenance
- Efficient interaction with all teams that use the CI infrastructures (RTL, Design Verification, Simulation, Physical Synthesis, SW, Performance Validation...)
- CI pipeline improvements, e.g. CPU/memory load balancing, available licenses balancing, with interactions between dependent/conflicting pipelines
- Deployment and support for machines at all levels (RTL, DV, PD, FPGA, simulation...) using Docker or similar
- Documenting plans, status, design decisions and implementation details for CI users and other CI developers.
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar)
Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Expert in scripting using languages such as Python, Bash, Makefile
- Good knowledge of Gitlab administration and CI/CD pipeline management, or similar CI/CD and repo tools (Jenkins, Jira, Bugzilla,…)
- Experience with the most usual git commands and flows (branching, merge, rebase)
- Experience with Docker containers and registries
- Experience in Linux administration
Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Familiarity with Mentor, Synopsys, Cadence, Xilinx, and other EDA tools would be a plus
- Experience with TCL scripts
- Experience with CI with limited resources (e.g. licenses)
- Knowledge of slurm
- Usage of Terraform or similar tools for managing configuration as code
- Knowledge of YAML files.
- The candidate must be an effective communicator and work well on collaborative projects. In particular, the candidate will be working in close collaboration with all the different teams that utilize the CI/CD infrastructure.
- The candidate keeps abreast of technology trends, identifying tools, languages or frameworks that can be used to improve or extend the CI/CD flow.
- The candidate thinks creatively.
- The candidate works independently and makes decisions.
- The candidate is able to multitask, take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract (37.5h/week), a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, restaurant tickets, private health insurance, support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Open-ended contract due to technical and scientific activities linked to the project and budget duration
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days plus 24th and 31st of December per our collective agreement
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: asap