The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for three consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022 and 2023-2026). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Equal Opps Agent
“Pla de Recuperació, Transformació i Resiliència – Finançat per la Unió Europea- NextGenerationEU”
Research area or group: Strategy
Description of Group/Project:
ICN2 declares its commitment to the establishment and development of policies that integrate equal treatment and opportunities, as well as the management of diversity in all areas, without directly or indirectly discriminating the difference, whether due to gender, religion, culture or other potentially discriminatory conditions. The institute is also committed to the promotion of measures to achieve real equality within our organization, establishing equal opportunities as a strategic principle of our Corporate and Human Resources policies.
In each one of the Human Resources policies and practices, such as selection, training, promotion, compensation, balancing of personal, family and work life, occupational risks and occupational health, we assume the principle of equal opportunities between women and men, as well as people of different cultures, nationalities, religions or other differential traits. Likewise, in relation to harassment, sexual harassment and harassment based on sex or gender, we are strongly committed to promote the working conditions necessary to avoid such situations, establish procedures for their prevention and respond to complaints or claims.
The principles set forth are implemented through the Equality of Opportunities and Diversity Management Plan, which guarantees and materializes our organization's commitment to equal opportunities and prevents any type of discrimination. The ICN2 Equal Opportunities Committee supports and follows up the actions defined in the plan.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
• Analysis of the results and implementation of the Women Talent Program 2019-2022 (I WTP) and preparation of the II WTP
• Unconscious bias awareness training for ICN2 members
• Revision and improvement of the guide for the inclusion of gender and inclusion dimensions in research projects, which in large numbers are focused on health, energy and the environment.
• Preparation of material to transfer institutional values in relation to equality and diversity to new members from other cultures
• Development of a protocol for the use of gender pronouns that respect diversity
• Organization of events to raise awareness of the ICN2 community of its own diversity and the institutional values regarding that diversity.
University degree in social sciences or equivalent
• Knowledge and professional experience:
Equal opportunities national legal requirements
Advanced level in English
Advanced level in IT tools
Bilingual Catalan and Spanish
No previous experience is required.
• Personal Competences:
Ability to work as a part of a team, open-minded, multi-task capacity, control under stress, proactivity, capacity to work under deadlines.
Summary of conditions:
• Full time work (37,5h/week)
• Contract Length: Temporary (1 year)
• Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
• Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
• Support to the relocation issues.
• Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: 15 December 2023
Aquestes actuacions estan subvencionades pel SOC i es financen amb càrrec als fons procedents del Pla de Recuperació, Transformació i Resiliència –Finançat per la Unió Europea NextGenerationEU
- Being unemployed and registered in the "Servei Públic d'Ocupació de Catalunya" the day before the contract starts.
- Being between 16 and 30 years old.
- Meeting the requirements for formalizing a training contract
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website https://jobs.icn2.cat/job-openings/572/equal-opps-agent and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 3 December 2023
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.