Within the HR Team and under the supervision of the Head of HR, the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Officer will play a pivotal role in promoting and implementing a comprehensive range of initiatives to foster equity, diversity, and inclusivity at BSC. Collaborating closely with the equity commission and various stakeholders dedicated to equity and diversity, the successful candidate will spearhead efforts to drive impactful change throughout the organization.
Responsibilities of the role include leading and supporting equity initiatives, developing and implementing inclusive recruitment processes, and actively participating in the HRS4R award project. By proactively identifying areas for improvement and working closely with diverse teams, the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Officer will contribute to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment for all members of the BSC community.
- Developing and implementing equity initiatives: Take a proactive approach to identify areas for improvement and design comprehensive equity initiatives. Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to promote diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of the organization's operations.
- Support the recruitment team in enhancing recruitment processes: Ensure that recruitment processes are inclusive and free from bias, promoting diversity and equal opportunities for all candidates. Implement strategies to attract a diverse pool of applicants and support hiring managers in fostering an inclusive selection process.
- Collaboration with equity commission and stakeholders: Work closely with the equity commission and other equity and diversity actors at BSC to align efforts, share best practices, and implement joint initiatives (BSC Gender Plan) that promote equity and inclusivity across the organization.
- HRS4R award project involvement: Actively participate in the HRS4R (Human Resources Strategy for Researchers) award project, contributing to the development and implementation of policies and practices that support the career development and work-life balance of BSc staff.
- Support in training and awareness programs: Develop and deliver training programs to raise awareness and educate staff on equity, diversity, and inclusion matters. Ensure that all employees have access to resources and support needed to foster an inclusive work environment.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Establish mechanisms to monitor the progress and impact of equity and diversity initiatives. Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of policies and practices, providing data-driven insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Policy development and compliance: Stay updated on relevant legislation and best practices regarding equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Reporting management of equity, diversity, and inclusion at BSC.
- Advocacy and communication: Serve as an advocate and spokesperson for equity, diversity, and inclusion matters within the organization. Communicate regularly with stakeholders, promoting a culture of inclusivity and sharing updates on initiatives, progress, and achievements.
-This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
- Psychology, sociology degree or similar
Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position or in duties related with equality, diversity, and inclusion activities
- Specific training in equity actions experience
Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience:
- Experience in an international environment
- Experience in a research environment
- Experience in HR duties, preferably in an HR department but not compulsory, in big institutions
- Excellent English and Spanish and written communication
- Catalan and other languages are a plus
- Strong skills in Microsoft office. (Excellent in Excel)
- High communication skills
- Planning and organizing (structured mindset)
- Team work
- The position will be located at BSC within the Management Department
- We offer a full-time contract (37.5h/week), a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, restaurant tickets, private health insurance, support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Open-ended contract due to technical and scientific activities linked to the project and budget duration
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days plus 24th and 31st of December per our collective agreement
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: ASAP