Graduate Technician for the “Experimental Pathology of Atherosclerosis” group directed by Jacob Fog Bentzon
IMPORTANT: The interested person must send the Curriculum Vitae, the degree and the work life report MANDATORY through the CNIC application web, which can be found at the following link:
Requests that are not sent through the CNIC website cannot be accepted
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) (CNIC) has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
• Conduct experiments in experimental atherosclerosis models with radiotracers.
• Conduct quantitative confocal microscopy of tissues from experimental atherosclerosis experiments.
• Conduct analysis of PET and MR images from experimental atherosclerosis experiments.
1. To have a BS Degree in the area of Life Sciences, obtained after 2014.
2. At least 4 publications as author in any position (research articles and/or reviews).
3. Minimum experience of 4 years in research labs.
4. Course of Operator of radioactive facilities.
5. Certification to perform research with animals: Functions A, B, and C (Spanish legislation: “Orden ECC/566/2015”).
• C1. Practical experience with murine and porcine atherosclerosis models (it will be valued according to the years or fraction of years of experience).
• C2. Knowledge of algorithm-assisted image analysis (it will be valued according to the years or fraction of years of experience).
• C3. Practical experience in in the handling of radioactivity (it will be valued according to the years or fraction of years of experience).
• C4. Practical experience in confocal microscopy imaging (it will be valued according to the years or fraction of years of experience).
• C5. Personal Interview in English (high level of English command will be valued).
• Incorporation to a Research Center of International relevance in the Scientific Field. Centro de Investigación de relevancia internacional en el ámbito científico.
• Access to an infrastructure with the most advanced Technology.
• Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
• Immediate incorporation.
• “Contrato de actividades científico-técnicas, de duración indefinida, according to the article Artículo 23-bis de la Ley de la Ciencia (texto refundido Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación), funded by the project EXPLOSIA (European Research Council, 866240), as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
The RESOLUTION OF THE SECRETARIAT OF STATE FOR PUBLIC FUNCTION APPROVING THE COMMON ACTION CRITERIA FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESSES IN THE STATE PUBLIC SECTOR ENTITIES of April 11, 2022, set forth in point 6.1 that “Unless a specific regulation establishes a merit-bases recruitment system (concurso), the competition (concurso-oposición) must be the recruitment system”.
In CNIC, the specific regulations approved by the Foundation's board of trustees establish a merit-base recruitment system (concurso) including a personal interview.
At least three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria (C1-C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C5) reaches 90 points.
Members of the selection committee
• Head of the group
• Staff Scientist of the group
• Research Office Manager
• Research Office Manager
• HR Member
The CNIC guarantees, within its field of action, the principle of equal access to employment, and may not establish any direct or indirect discrimination, based on grounds of origin, including racial or ethnic origin, sex, age, marital status, religion or beliefs, political opinion, sexual orientation and identity, gender expression, sexual characteristics, trade union membership, social status, language within the State and disability, provided that workers are fit to perform the work or job in question.
By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
Criterios de puntuación:
C1 - Practical experience with murine and porcine atherosclerosis models (it will be valued according to the years or fraction of years of experience) - 20%
C2 - Knowledge of algorithm-assisted image analysis (it will be valued according to the years or fraction of years of experience) - 20%
C3 - Practical experience in the handling of radioactivity (it will be valued according to the years or fraction of years of experience) - 20%
C4 - Practical experience in confocal microscopy imaging (it will be valued according to the years or fraction of years of experience) - 20%
C5 - Personal Interview (English Command will be valued) - 20%
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"