As a flagship research center in nanoscience and nanotechnology, our mission is to open and explore new frontiers of knowledge at the nanoscale and bring value to society in the form of new understanding, capabilities, and innovation, while inspiring and providing broad training to the next generations of researchers.
Our research lines focus on the newly discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for three consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022 and 2023-2026). ICN2 comprises 20 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Head of Marketing, Communication & Fundraising
Research area or group: Marketing, Communication & Fundraising department
Mission: Lead the development of the ICN2 Marketing, Communication, Branding and Fundraising strategies and manage the actions and resources required for their implementation.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
• Lead and coordinate the members of the department. Establish the annual objectives for each member.
• Define and implement the Marketing, Communication and Fundraising strategy on ICN2. Define the plans and policies for communication (external and internal), fundraising and branding.
• Analysis, monitoring, control of the results of departmental activities and actions.
• Deliver marketing and communication institutional resources and reports.
• Continuous development of the ICN2 website as strategic branding and communication tool.
• Positioning the ICN2 brand at national and international levels.
• Department budget management.
• Definition and monitoring of the department indicators and reporting to the ICN2 Manager.
• Education: Bachelor and Master (Marketing or MBA) or equivalent
o High level of English, Spanish and Catalan.
o Marketing strategies
o Fundraising skills
o Experience with a variety of communication methods (press, social media, …)
• Professional Experience:
o At least 5 years of professional in marketing management.
o At least 3 years in fundraising activities.
o Proved Experience in internal and external communication.
o Experience in leading teams and project management.
o Experience working in international environments will be valued.
• Personal Competences:
o Leadership and team management
o Empathic and service oriented
o Excellent communication skills.
o Influence and Negotiation
o Ability to add value and propose alternative solutions.
o Team player
o Interest/background in science and technology will be valued
Summary of conditions:
• Full time work (37,5h/week)
• Contract Length: Permanent
• Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
• Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
• Support to the relocation issues.
• Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: Autumn 2023
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.