The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for three consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022 and 2023-2026). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Innovation Officer
Research area or group:
We offer a contract opportunity to work on the project titled “Industry-grade software for the simulation of thermal properties of materials” (THERMOS). THERMOS main objective is to deliver an efficient, reliable, easy to use computational platform for the prediction of the thermal properties of materials and devices from first-principles atomistic simulations. The commercial platform THERMOS will interact with SIMUNE’s commercial software ASAP - Advanced Simulations Atomistic Platform (www.simuneatomistics.com/services/asap-software/).
Description of Group/Project: Business and Innovation
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
• Conducting market assessments, identifying software distribution channels, and defining a robust business model.
• Defining the software's commercialization strategy and engaging key partners for its distribution.
• Exploring licensing schemes to commercialize the simulation platform
• Coordinating with the Office of Business and Innovation of ICN2 (B&I) for managing legal matters, intellectual property protection, code protection, software copyrights, and potential patents.
• Analysing commercial and regulatory aspects to anticipate and address obstacles or requirements in target territories.
• Defining high relevance case studies to showcase the software's capabilities.
• Managing the creation of marketing material, including user documentation, presentations, videos, demonstration case studies, web content and media material.
• Leading outreach and training activities devoted to promoting project results and enhancing the software's visibility among potential users together with the B&I team.
• Coordinating with B&I for negotiating and executing non-disclosure agreements with strategic partners.
• Establishing agreements with sales agents for software distribution in coordination with B&I.
• Coordinating with SIMUNE for knowledge transfer.
• Collaborating with SIMUNE on pricing strategies, maintenance, and support structures for the product launch.
A background in Engineering/ Physics or related studies, preferably supplemented by additional knowledge or experience in entrepreneurial or MBA-related subjects.
• Knowledge and professional experience:
Proven experience in research and/or venture development
Strategic Thinking to understand the software's strengths and identify the most relevant case studies that effectively demonstrate its capabilities. Ability to align case studies with overall marketing and business goals.
Proven experience in bibliographic research and reporting (e.g. publishing)
Fluent English both spoken and written.
• Personal Competences:
Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills, able to build trust and confidence among customers, suppliers, partners and colleagues.
A strong sense of ownership and empathetic attitude
Summary of conditions:
• Full time work (37,5h/week)
• Contract Length: Temporary
• Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
• Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
• Support to the relocation issues.
• Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website https://jobs.icn2.cat/job-openings/563/innovation-officer and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.