IRB Barcelona is seeking an International Project Manager to coordinate the implementation of the Horizon Europe project titled Molecular Dynamics Data Bank. The European Repository for Biosimulation Data (https://mddbr.eu/). The project is coordinated by IRB Barcelona’s Molecular Modelling and Bioinformatics laboratory.
Working closely with the project’s scientific coordinator and the International Strategic Support Office, the International Project Manager will be responsible for consortium management and implementation of the project.
The main duties include:
• Monitoring the achievement of project milestones, managing risks and ensuring the timely completion of reporting duties.
• Fostering consortium internal communication and coordinated progress towards project objectives.
• Coordination with other IRB Barcelona administrative departments (finance, legal, purchasing, innovation).
• Organizing project events, including management meetings, workshops and other stakeholder engagement events.
• Coordinating the consortium dissemination and stakeholder engagement strategy
• Screening for opportunities and preparing proposals for funding aimed at guaranteeing the sustainability of the project results.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLADGE, SKILLS
Experience: Knowledge on databases and/or data management, molecular simulation and/or bioinformatics
Education: MSc or PhD in life-sciences-related field
Skills: Proactivity and capacity to work independently. Strong organisational, planning and multi-tasking capacities, team worker with ability to work to strict deadlines, identify and resolve problems and seek consensus. Outstanding writing and communication skills. The ideal candidate has worked as a researcher or project manager in a collaborative environment at international level.
Experience: Expertise in the management of EU projects
Education: background in informatics, engineering, computational biology will be a plus.
Skills: Management of social media and/or web content.