Junior Linux System Administrator (HPC) (ref. AD/23/07)
Under the INVESTIGO Programme, IRB Barcelona is seeking an enthusiastic Junior Linux System Administrator (HPC) to join its Information Technology Services Department, providing technical support to computational and research data management tasks performed by IRB Barcelona researchers.
The Information Technology Services (ITS) Department provides IT services to the whole organisation and develops digital transformation projects with the aim to facilitate the operations of the organisation and the accomplishment of the goals of its research community. To fulfil this mission, the ITS Department offers a broad spectrum of IT services, solutions and support, particularly high performance computing (HPC) services.
- To answer user questions and solve HPC technical problems by telephone, email, and onsite. Tasks include issue troubleshooting, following user's issue tickets through to resolution, documenting resolutions, working with application and system owners or researchers to identify advanced solutions.
- To install and configure HPC applications, studying and improving HPC applications performance.
- To develop and present user training in HPC.
- To administer a heterogeneous group of linux systems, both standard infrastructure and HPC systems.
- To Install and configure new hardware and software.
- To be responsible for documenting the configuration of the systems.
- Transversal support and participation in other tasks/projects in the ITS team.
Required conditions for candidates to meet, as this position belongs to the INVESTIGO Programme:
- Before the starting of the labour relationship with the institute, the candidate must be registered as a job seeker in the “Servei Públic d'Ocupació de Catalunya” and has to be unemployed.
- Not having previous labour relations with the IRB Barcelona within a period of 6 months, before the beginning of the contract.
- Only applicable for candidates under 30 years old (before the start of the employment contract).
- To have the specific studies related to the field, which give the candidate the competencies and skills required for the position: Applicants must hold at least a bachelor degree or an advanced specific vocational training “PFII”. Candidates holding a Msc. or a PhD. are also eligible and welcome to apply.
- Availability to join the IRB Barcelona by the 1st of September 2023.