The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for three consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022 and 2023-2026). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Junior Social Media and Web Manager
“Pla de Recuperació, Transformació i Resiliència – Finançat per la Unió Europea- NextGenerationEU”
Research area or group: Marketing, Communication and Fundraising
Description of Group/Project:
Welcome to our team at ICN2, a cutting-edge research center in nanoscience and nanotechnology. As a Junior Social Media and Web Intern, you'll be diving into the world of science communication, helping us share exciting research findings with the public. Join our dynamic group working to make nanoscience accessible to everyone.
You'll play a key role in our communication team, contributing to the collective effort to promote scientific advancements and connect with a broad audience.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
• Assist in developing social media strategies, including creating engaging content to showcase research outcomes.
• Support in managing and updating content on the ICN2 website to keep information accurate and engaging.
• Contribute to creating visually appealing content, such as videos and images, using tools like Canva
• Collaborate closely with internal teams to gather relevant and updated information for digital platforms.
• Learn to monitor social media metrics, providing insights and suggestions for improvement.
Bachelor’s degree in communication or equivalent.
• Knowledge and professional experience:
Familiarity and knowledge with social media management tools is high recommended, especially Twitter and LinkedIn.
Proficient in basic video and image editing programs (e.g., Canva).
Advanced English (Communication will be in English). Bilingual in Catalan and Spanish.
• Personal Competences:
Exceptional written communication skills to adapt highly technical (scientific) content for diverse audiences on social media and the web.
Eagerness to work collaboratively as part of a team, open-minded and ready to absorb new perspectives, demonstrates composure and a positive attitude under stress and capacity to work efficiently and meet deadlines.
Any connection to scientific content through education or experience will be considered a plus.
If you are passionate about scientific communication, technology, and innovation, and possess the skills to engage diverse audiences, we look forward to receiving your application!
Summary of conditions:
• Full time work (37,5h/week)
• Contract Length: Temporary (1 year)
• Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
• Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
• Support to the relocation issues.
• Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: 15 December 2023
Aquestes actuacions estan subvencionades pel SOC i es financen amb càrrec als fons procedents del Pla de Recuperació, Transformació i Resiliència –Finançat per la Unió Europea NextGenerationEU
- Being unemployed and registered in the "Servei Públic d'Ocupació de Catalunya" the day before the contract starts.
- Being between 16 and 30 years old.
- Meeting the requirements for formalizing a training contract
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website https://jobs.icn2.cat/job-openings/575/social-media-and-web-manager and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 3 December 2023
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.