ICFO is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including researchers, PhD students and staff personnel. Today, in its area of specialization and category, the institute is consistently ranked among the highest-quality research institutions worldwide.
ICFO’s NFL Team is responsible for managing and running the Nanofabrication Laboratory (NFL), a clean room ISO 6/7 research core facility, open to all ICFO research groups.
We are currently looking for an NFL Head, who will supervise the NFL Team to provide scientific support to the laboratory users, will promote internal and external collaborations, will seek financial support and will instigate innovation of equipment and research activities.
The main responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible of having the clean room and its equipment running smoothly
- Supervision of the NFL team (planning, evaluation, career development, etc.)
- Contact/inform/update group leaders (NFL users); direct the NFL steering committee
- Oversee and manage NFL Finances
- Promote ICFO internal collaborations
- Initiate new research activities
- Seek for financial support through grant opportunities
- Coordinate purchase of equipment, incl. tender definitions
- Manage collaboration with external academic users
- Foster collaboration with companies and industry