The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ (https://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/hr-excellence-research) Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers ( https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/european-charter) and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code) ( https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code).
We are looking for two Operations Officers to provide support to different research groups to ensure operations run effectively and smoothly.
As an Operations Officer, you will provide administrative support to the scientific community, managing all non-scientific issues to allow them to focus on their main activities.
The main duties will include:
· Organization of travels, meetings and seminars of the research groups assigned. Registration to courses and conferences
· Management of agenda(s)
· Data base and archive update
· Support in report preparation
· Support in budget control: expense control and reimbursement, payment follow-up and claim, etc.
· Participation in departmental and inter-departmental work projects
· Support in grants/fellowships application and justification
· Organization of events
· Captio and Oracle superuser
About the department
The 2 candidates will join a team of 5 Operations Officers and an Executive Assistant giving service to the whole CRG community and reporting to the Head of the Operations Support department.
The operations support department aims at giving administrative support to the CRG community: scientific community, administration team and to the Direction office, in order to achieve a smooth and timely operations management globally.
Whom would we like to hire?
· You have 3 years of proven experience in a similar position
· You have knowledge of administrative procedures
· You have experience in working in a dynamic, international and fast-paced environment
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
· You have experience working in research centres
· You have experience elaborating forms and surveys and using tools such as Microsoft forms, Office 365, Doodle, Zoom, Teams, etc.
· You have experience organizing hybrid events
Education and training
· You hold a Bachelor Degree and/or 3 years’ experience in a similar position
· You have an advanced level of English and Spanish
· Knowledge of Catalan would be valued
· You have advanced MS Office skill
· You have experience working with collaborative tools
· You have worked with Captio and Oracle
· You have excellent organizational and time management skills
· You have the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks
· You are autonomous, proactive, innovative, flexible
· You are dynamic with a can-do and problem-solving attitude
· You have attention to detail
· You are service-oriented
· You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· You have the ability to handle confidential matters with diplomacy, tact and discretion
The Offer – Working Conditions
· Contract duration: Permanent
· Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
· Target start date: as soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.( https://www.crg.eu/en/content/training).
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Reyes Perza, Head of Operations Suport
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Reyes Perza and be submitted online on the CRG Career site – http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the People department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by February 15, 2024.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form. https://recruitment.crg.eu/webforms/recruitment-contact-form-suggestionscomplaints