PhD-positions available within the ICFO PhD Program (spring 2024)
ICFO offers PhD-fellowship positions to well-qualified graduate students, who wish to obtain a doctoral degree in any of the research topics covered at ICFO.
Our PhD-program brings together top-level training and teaching for young scientists, benefiting from the extensive course offerings of local universities and focused instruction by ICFO professors, in a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment. PhD-students have the opportunity to take advantage of our network of excellence, consisting in partners of national and international research institutes and universities, as well as industrial partners in the field.
Our PhD Fellowship Program welcomes applications from individuals with a degree in a field of science and engineering related to the ICFO research activities.
Fellowships will be offered across all ICFO research groups. Research lines include, but are not limited to theoretical and experimental aspects of:
• Atto-Science, Ultrafast Optics & Nonlinear Optics
• Photovoltaics, Thermal Photonics & Solar Fuels
• Optical Sensing & Optoelectronics
• NanoPhotonics & NanoMechanics
• Ultracold Quantum Gases
• Quantum and Low-Dimensional Materials
• Quantum Communications, Sensing & Simulation
• Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
• Nanophotonics, Condensed Matter Physics & Light-Matter Interactions
• Medical Optics
• Biophysics, Biophotonics & Super-Resolution Imaging
Please, browse our website for details about ICFO Research Groups and Group Leaders at https://www.icfo.eu/lang/research. In the group profile, you will also see specific available PhD-projects in that particular group (application should be formalized through this present general call with the corresponding selection process applicable). If you are interested in discussing possible research topics, please contact ICFO Group Leaders directly.