Postdoc at the Pluripotency for organ regeneration Research Group (ENGINORG)
Introduction to the vacant position:
The Pluripotency for organ regeneration Group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) led by Prof. Nuria Montserrat is looking for a post doc candidate to conduct her/his predoctoral training on kidney organoid applications to model congenital anomalies of the kidney and urinary tract (CAKUT). The project will be conducted in the framework of the ERC-2020- Consolidator project entitled: “Engineering Kidney Organoids To Study The Interplay Between Tissue Mechanics And Metabolism: From Development To Disease” (ENGINORG).
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
• Development of renal derivatives from human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) in 2D and 3D cell culture settings.
• Design and fabrication of lab-on-a-chip and microfluidic devices.
• Development and implementation of a microfluidic platforms to study cell-to-cell and organoid-to-organoid cross-talk.
Requirements for candidates:
• PhD in biology, biomedical engineering, or similar areas
• Previous experience in cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques.
• Previous experience in imaging techniques (confocal microscopy analysis, life imaging).
• Experience in data analysis with specialized software (Matlab, R, Python or similar).
• Experience in microfabrication techniques/protocols and working in cleanroom environments will be considered a plus.
• Phyton, R and Matlab expertise will be a plus.
• Image data analysis will be a plus.
• Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamworking skills, proactivity, commitment, critical and analytical thinking
• High level of English