POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER – Developmental Neurobiology And Regeneration Group
The University of Barcelona (UB) offers a vacant position for a Postdoctoral position within the Developmental Neurobiology and Regeneration group (Professor Eduardo Soriano and Dr. Yasmina Manso) at the Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology Department at the Biology Faculty.
The Institute of Neurosciences (UBneuro) was created under the premise to gather all research at the University of Barcelona that focused on a common goal: understanding the nervous system as a whole to give response to society challenges. Being one of the few institutes in the world that investigates the brain at every level, we’re established as a frontrunner in international neuroscience research. Recognized with the prestigious María de Maeztu Excellence Unit accreditation, we house diverse research groups in neurobiology, neuropharmacology, pathophysiology, neurology, psychiatry, clinical psychology, neuropsychobiology, and cognitive neurosciences. Join us as we contribute to cutting-edge discoveries in neuroscience.
Additional information about the research group: https://www.ciberned.es/grupos/grupo-de-investigacion?id=28735
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- The selected candidate will participate in a very novel project recently funded by the Spanish government (AEI) involving Neurodegeneration, Microglia and Reelin.
- The candidate will be expected to work autonomously in the lab and to supervise the students assigned to the subproject to be developed.
- Data analysis and scientific article writing.
Education and qualifications:
- Graduate in the field of Biosciences or similar
- Doctorate in Neuroscience, Biomedicine or similar
- Permit to work in Spain
Experience and Knowledge:
- Background in Neurosciences
- Experience working with animal models.
- Extensive experience in histological and imaging techniques (including confocal).
- Proficiency in image analysis software (image J or similar).
- Knowledge of basic molecular and biochemical techniques (PCR, Western Blot, etc).
- Capability of team working and of student supervision.
- Fluency in English.
Desired: Previous experience in neuroinflammation and/or synapses will be positively valued. The possession of the "Training course for research personnel using experimental animals" or accreditation of experience working with experimental animals, will be positively valued.
Start: early 2024.
Length of the contract: 1-year contract with the possibility of a 2-year extension (up to 3 years).
Retribution: from 24.000 to 27.600 euros depending on the candidate’s profile
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a complete CV (including contact references) and a short cover letter (1 page max.) indicating “Postodoctoral position” in the subject of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org