The Institute of Chemical research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER.
The position is affiliated with the group of Prof. Mónica H. Pérez-Temprano, who focuses on harnessing the power of reaction mechanisms for driving innovative reaction design and development. The overarching research goals encompass streamlining the development of more sustainable methodologies and expanding the frontiers of transition metal catalysis and organic synthesis. Specifically, the successful candidate will enhance the chemical space and applicability of first-row transition metal catalyzed transformations by unlocking novel reactivities and mechanistic possibilities that remain elusive to date.
• Development of new reactivity based on first-row transition metals
• Synthesis and characterization and organometallic complexes and organic molecules
• Conducting mechanistic studies using a broad array of analytic techniques
• Writing lab reports and drafting manuscripts for scientific articles
• Mentoring of PhD students within the group
• Maintenance of laboratory equipment
• Presenting research results at national and international conferences
We are seeking an outstanding, highly motivated and creative team player who possesses:
- PhD in Organic or Organometallic chemistry or related field
- Expertise in transition metal catalysis, C–H functionalization reactions and/or mechanistic investigations
- Proficiency in air-sensitive techniques and general analytical tools
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Strong communication and management abilities, coupled with reliability in meeting commitments and deadlines
What we offer:
The successful candidate will be part of a vibrant and resource-rich environment with the state-of-the-art scientific instrumentation. The postdoctoral fellow will perform cutting-edge research and participate in scientific, technical, and soft skill training activities to enhance key competences and boost the career development.
ICIQ is one of the world’s internationally recognized leading institutions in the field of chemistry committed to solving major social and economic challenges by conducting top quality research in two main areas: Renewable Energy and Catalysis. The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programs to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (full details on WWW.ICIQ.ORG).
Interested candidates, please submit the following documents along with your application. The applicants must have a PhD in chemistry or should be about to submit his/her doctoral thesis prior to the application deadline:
(1) Motivation Letter: Expressing interest in the position, reasons for applying to our group, strengths & weaknesses, and future career plans.
(2) Curriculum Vitae: Detailing relevant professional experience, previous accomplishments, a concise description of previous research, up to three relevant papers, and names/contact information of at least two referees that might be willing to write a recommendation letter.
A 3-year full-time contract.
Remuneration according to individual’s qualification/experience.
Annual salary split in twelve monthly payments.
Incorporation: Early 2024