The Vall d´Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) Seeks a “INTERNATIONAL ATTRACTION OFFICER”.
Reference: Ref. 2024-006-01
Application deadline: 15/02/2024
Number of vacancies: 1
As International Attraction Officer reporting to the Head of VHIO Academy, your mission will be to support, through a series of dedicated and personalised services, fellows recruited through the Academic Programmes managed from the Area, in order to facilitate orientation in the areas of welcoming and onboarding, academic processes, related training activities and other VHIO Academy administrative-related tasks.
The candidate will provide support primarily in the VHIO Academy administrative functions, ensuring that all the VHIO Academy procedures are being implemented properly and up to date. Specifically, this support will include:
• Key VHIO Academy contact point for new fellows
• Act as liaison person with HR Department for academic purposes (deal with academic agreements, fellow’s contracts, etc.)
• Onboarding/Induction support: To collaborate and participate in the onboarding and induction process of preclinical and clinical fellows recruited through the Academic Programmes managed from the Area (sending documentation, registration and follow-up for mandatory academic activities and courses, etc...).
• Recruitment assistance: To support the Head of the Unit and the Academic Officer with recruitment processes.
• Training support: To provide support in the organization and development of training activities promoted by the Area (course registration, expedition of certificates, support in compiling training and academic indicators, etc.).
• VHIO Academy Projects assistance: To assist project-related activities, such as, scheduling meetings, sending information to stakeholders, assist in projects’ sessions, among others.
• Prepare internal academic & training communications to staff.
• Maintain and update VHIO Academy Intranet/ Webpage related content.
• You hold a Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment or you have any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in a talent attraction position.
• You have experience in an international and national research environment.
• You are familiar with academic policies (enrolment periods, academic reporting, etc.)
• Demonstrated effective organizational skills and the ability to work in an independent and proactive manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this position, as is the ability to establish effective channels of communication with a large variety of stakeholders.
• High degree of service orientation.
• Very good command (spoken and written) of English, Spanish and Catalan.
• Strong IT knowledge (user level) – Wordpress & Moodle, in particular.
• Permanent contract.
• Full-time position (40h/week).
• Salary according to qualifications and experience following VHIO pay scales.
• Flexible remuneration program (includes restaurant vouchers/cards, transport, medical insurance, and “baby daycare” voucher).
• Flexible working hours and measures to balance work, family, and personal life, and promote gender equality, as established in the VHIO collective agreement.
• 23 days of holidays and 5 personal days.
• Access to VHIO’s personal development and training plan.
Potential candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, letter of intent, and at least one reference using the form below or via email to the Head of VHIO Academy firstname.lastname@example.org including the reference “Ref. 2024-006-01” in the subject line of your email.
Programa Estatal para Afrontar las Prioridades de Nuestro Entorno
Subprograma Estatal de Internacionalización
Actuación: “Facilitar la atracción de talento internacional en instituciones de I+D” (GPE2023)”
Convocatoria 2023 (extracto BOE 06.05.2023) REF. GPE2023-001347-T
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.