The VHIO Academy is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Training Coordinator to join our team in the development, implementation, and expansion of our institutional training programmes. The VHIO Academy was created at the end of 2021 as part of the VHIO Scientific Coordination Area and is key to the consolidation of VHIO as a Comprehensive Cancer Centre by integrating dedicated educational programmes together with assistance and research activities.
It´s primary role is to foster scientific talent through integrated training and academic related activities. The department oversees the internal scientific course offer, as well as advanced courses and practical workshops. VHIO Academy is a key contact point for the Masters, PhD, Postdoctoral and medical residents’ communities in respect to the academic programmes coordination, from call organization, university procedures as well as, counselling, and career coaching. The department members participate in the coordination of training and academic activities together with various local and international institutions.
The successful candidate will work with our team to ensure high-quality, innovative, and effective training and academic programmes that align with the institute´s strategic goals.
The main duties (although not exclusive) for this position are:
- Development and follow-up of the annual training programme (identification of training needs, organization of courses and other training events, manage the communication with participants, lecturers and other collaborators, manage the outputs and feedbacks of each of the courses organized, annual revision of the courses and its contents, etc.)
- Implementation of the lifelong scientific learning programme strategy of the institution
- Implementation of new training initiatives such as cross-disciplinary seminars, courses addressed to specific groups (doctoral researchers, postdoctoral researchers, medical residents), monographic courses, etc.
Organization of career development & engagement activities for the VHIO scientific community.
- Support the Head of the Unit in the implementation of future EU MSCA COFUND & EU MSCA ITN actions.
- Maintenance and content development of the online platform for training and student management (VHIO Moodle).