Ref. 63-2023 Bioinformatician Research Assistant (Cancer Immunogenomics)
The Computational Immunogenomics group, led by Francisco Martínez-Jiménez, is currently searching for a dynamic and driven bioinformatician to join our team. This opportunity involves engaging in diverse projects aimed at unravelling the genomic underpinnings of tumorigenesis and its intricate interactions with the immune system.
The candidate will play an integral role in our translational research projects, actively contributing to the development of data-driven applications that directly impact clinical practices. Her/his involvement will encompass not only supporting ongoing research endeavours within the lab but also taking charge of curating, organizing, and effectively managing the extensive genomics and transcriptomics datasets used by other lab members.
• Efficiently process and organize both internal and external genomics and transcriptomics datasets pivotal to the lab's mission.
• Offer assistance and technical support to ongoing research endeavors within the lab.
• Contribute actively to the refinement and creation of tools and machine learning models developed in the lab.
• Degree in bioinformatics, computer science, biological sciences or similar.
• Experience of at least 6 months (preferably in academic environments).
• Strong knowledge of Unix operating systems
• Fluent in Python/R and in Bash scripting
• Excellent organization skills.
• Team player.
• Good English communication skills.
• Knowledge of processing and analyzing cancer genomics data (WGS/WES).
• Experience with Nextflow and/or Snakemake pipelines.
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services.
• We offer a two-year appointment with a possible extension depending on evaluation and funding.
• Salary to be discussed according to previous experience and to VHIO pay scales.
• Target starting date, 1st of October 2023
• For recent and relevant publications, you may check: https://vhio.net/biosketch-francisco-martinez-jimenez/ and https://www.franmartinezlab.com/
• The vacancy will be available until the position is filled.
Applicants should send a full Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including the reference “Ref. 63-2023” in the subject line of your email.
Please also attach a minimum of two referee (s) contact to your application.
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.
Vall d’Hebron Institute Oncology (VHIO) endorses the Requirements and Principles of the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers promoted by the European Commission and follows Equal Opportunities policies.
On 10th April 2018 VHIO was awarded the “HR Excellence in Research” logo. Our Institute was consequently granted permission to use the HR Excellence in Research Award logo as demonstration of its stimulating and favourable work environment in line with the Charter & Code.