Research Assistant at the Signal and Information Processing for Sensing Systems Lab (LT-SM)
The Signal and Information Processing for Sensing Systems Group led by Dr. Santiago Marco at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Research Assistant to work on data analysis.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
• Computational Cluster/Disk Server administration
• Support the development/maintenance of R-packages
• Development of software documentation & testing methodologies
• Statistical/ Machine Learning analysis of datasets
• Data Visualization
• Preparation of Graphical User Interfaces in R-shiny
Requirements for candidates:
• Preferred profile: MSc (or PhD) in Computer Science, Statistics, Maths, Engineering, Bioinformatics with emphasis on Computational Data Science
- Experience in Linux administration
- Experience in R programming, visualization and package building
- Previous experience in some of the following domains:
- Signal Processing
- Advanced Statistics
- Machine Learning
- Experience with GitHub/GitLab
- Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
- High level of oral and written English.
- High motivation and ability to be involved in a multidisciplinary team
• Other valuable skills:
- International research experience
- Programming in Python and/or MATLAB
- Previous experience in the analysis of biomedical/metabolomics datasets
- Experience with containers
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: April 2023
• Working conditions:
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Salary will be determined by experience and scientific background.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid
holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).