Research assistant / Lab technician (ref. LAB/23/18)
IRB Barcelona seeks a motivated Research Assistant (Lab Technician) for the Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics Lab, led by Dr. Alejo E. Rodriguez-Fraticelli (www.fraticellilab.com).
The lab focuses on developing biotechnology to study blood stem cell heterogeneity in aging and leukemia.
We are looking for a motivated candidate with an impeccable work ethic and a strong background in molecular and cell biology. The ideal candidate would be familiar with molecular cloning, CRISPR, library preparations, and cell culture. Experience with animal work would be important, but it is not required. The lab will offer any training complement.
IMPORTANT – the lab works entirely in English, so fluency in this language is absolutely required.
This position will be funded through the ERC Starting Grant project “MemOriStem”.
Start date is as soon as possible, and no later than September 2023.
- Assist PhDs and Postdocs in multiple projects
- Basic animal work (maintenance, breedings, sample preparation) for various researchers
- Basic bench work (PCR, library prep)
- Advanced cell culture work (primary cell culture, cell sorting, lentiviral preparation)
- Developing wet-lab methods for single-cell sequencing analysis
- Engage in good lab practices (data collection, analysis, presentation, storage)
- Participate and present in group meetings and scientific discussions
- Engage in career development activities, outreach and soft-skill training