Research Engineer/Researcher – Design of a supercomputing processor chip
Context And Mission
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) www.bsc.es is embarking on an umbrella of large-scale projects to design, and manufacture an open-source High Performance Out-of-Order Vector Processing Unit that will serve as the basic building block of BSCs next generation supercomputer, the Marenostrum 6 (MN6) which will be operational in 2028/2029. In this ambitious and potentially rewarding endeavor, we need engineers and computer scientists at all levels of expertise (from 0 to 20+ years) and in both hardware and software fields. The final team will be 100 engineers and scientists.
The applicants would ideally have experience/ambition in at least one or more of the following fields:
• Hardware (Processor architecture, micro-architecture, accelerators, memory hierarchy, memory controllers, HBM, DRAM, non-volatile memory, RTL design, VHDL, verilog, SystemC, System verilog, Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, synthesis, place and route, timing closure, packaging, PCB design, verification, validation, CI, post-silicon debug, DFT, gate-level simulation)
Junior profiles: BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Previous industrial experience is a big plus.
Mid-level profiles: PhD in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
Senior profiles: PhD in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
Junior profiles: Experience in industry is a big plus.
Mid-level profiles: 5+ year experience in industry in a leading role.
Senior profiles: 10-20+ years in industry in a leading role.
- Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience
Fluency in English is essential, Spanish is optional (free lessons available after joining)
Opportunity to enroll in Master or PhD program of UPC Computer Architecture Department.
Planification and Organization
Ability to work individually and in a team
- The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract (37.5h/week), a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, restaurant tickets, private health insurance, support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Open-ended contract due to technical and scientific activities linked to the project and budget duration
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days plus 24th and 31st of December per our collective agreement
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: asap