Research Technician ‘Zebrafish & Molecular Biology
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
The position is expected to be filled by a candidate with expertise in zebrafish as a vertebrate animal model system. The candidate should have experience with the maintenance, screening and generation of transgenic lines and bring expertise in state-of-the-art molecular biology methods. The candidate will further provide essential support to ongoing research projects in our team.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated candidate who is enthusiastic to work in an interdisciplinary and collaborative research team.
About the team
The Ruprecht lab studies fundamental mechanisms regulating cellular morphodynamics, tissue plasticity and multicellular self-organization. The team employs an interdisciplinary approach that combines quantitative fluorescence microscopy, biophysical methods, synthetic biology approaches and in vivo model systems. Our ultimate goal is to develop a mechanistic understanding how tissue form and function is robustly built and maintained by dynamic processes at the single cell level, with a focus on cellular mechano-signalling and morphodynamic plasticity.
The research group is part of the Quantitative Cell Biology Program and System Biology Program at the CRG.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You bring experience in zebrafish animal experimentation
• You have gained skills in the handling, maintenance, and screening of zebrafish lines
• You have strong expertise in molecular biology methods
• You have previously worked with transgenesis methods
• You are knowledgeable in developmental biology, cell biology and genetics
• You are a highly motivated and organized person
• You are goal-oriented and you have strong problem-solving skills
• You are willing to work in an interdisciplinary and collaborative research team
• You are fluent in English
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have worked with transgenesis and Crisp/Cas9 gene editing methods
• You have worked with in vivo and in vitro models of early embryogenesis
• You hold a PhD degree
Education and training
• You hold a degree in molecular biology, genetics or a related field with relevant qualifications.
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: 3 years
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: as soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Verena Ruprecht.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Verena Ruprecht and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 30/11/2023