The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for three consecutive periods (2014-2018, 2018-2022, 2023-2026). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Scientific Project Manager
Research area or group: Advanced Electronic Materials and Devices Group
Description of Group/Project:
The Advanced Electronic Materials and Devices (AEMD) group focuses on the material sciences and technology aspects of novel electronic materials, with a strong emphasis on graphene as well as other 2D materials (MoS2). The group also works towards the development of technological applications based on these materials such as electronics, bioelectronics and biosensing, neural interfaces, etc.
The activities cut across different scientific aspects, from the fundamentals (the physics of devices and semiconductors) to materials (growth of graphene and MoS2 materials by CVD and MOCVD, surface functionalisation, advanced characterisation), through to devices (fabrication technology, nanofabrication) and applications (neural implants and biomedical technologies, biosensors, flexible electronics).
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be in charge of the Project Management of the Advanced Electronics Materials and Devices (AEMD) Group of ICN2. This position is dedicated to the technical and financial management of projects in which the AEMD group is involved, also supporting the team in the preparation of new project proposals, among other responsibilities.
Concretely, the Project Manager will be mainly involved in:
- Technical and Financial follow up of projects, management of technical and financial reporting assuring that the deadlines are met; organization of meetings; when an audit is required, the Project Manager will be in contact with auditors to provide them all the related information.
- In projects where the AEMD is the coordinator, the project manager will also be in charge of compiling the information from all partners and consolidate the reports, follow-up of deliverables and milestones; meeting organization with partners and minutes preparation; preparation of amendments; inform about the transfers to be done by the Financial Department to other partners; Preparation of Agreements supported by other Departments (e.g. business and innovations and lawers) when needed.
- Work closely with the Group Leader to identify funding opportunities and prepare project proposals considering the requirements of the different calls.
- Manage budgetary functions including: a) purchasing and cost controls of the group b) allocating funds and controlling spending, c) managing procurements, transactions and finance in liaison with the other departments of ICN2.
- Master or PhD degree in Materials Science, Nanotechnology, Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or equivalent
• Knowledge and Professional Experience:
- Fluent English both spoken and written is required.
- More than 3 years of experience as Project Manager, with experience in coordinated EU projects
- Managing skills, proactive and teamwork skills..
Summary of conditions:
• Full time work (37,5h/week)
• Contract Length: Permanent.
• Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
• Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
• Support to the relocation issues.
• Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website https://jobs.icn2.cat/job-openings/586/scientific-project-manager and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.