The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for three consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022 and 2023-2026). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Strategy Development officer
“Pla de Recuperació, Transformació i Resiliència – Finançat per la Unió Europea- NextGenerationEU”
Research area or group: Strategy
Description of Group/Project:
Led by Dr Margarita Navia, this office works to provide a response to the different challenges faced by the institute on the short and long term, addressing issues at the national and international level to improve institute’s responsiveness to an ever-changing global context. It oversees the development of the strategic plan, coordinates institutional projects like the Severo Ochoa Programme and provides advanced research development support to the ICN2 research community.
It works in close collaboration with both the research community and the administration departments, as well as the external collaboration network of the institute, and aims to bring insight and strategic manpower to research activities, hot topics like research data management, and ongoing initiatives to support the ICN2 in becoming a world-leading research institute.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
• Participate in the development and implementation of the institute's institutional internationalization strategy.
• Systematize work in the area of Internationalization, catalyzing new alliances with international entities with the support and influence of researchers and helping to proactively shape new opportunities and specific projects that fund collaborative networks around the world.
• Activities aimed at increasing the individual and collective competitiveness of ICN2 researchers, including participation in the preparation and monitoring of institutional and strategic projects.
• Management of internationalisation specific projects
• Search for new funding opportunities for research activity and creation of open information spaces for the institutional community.
• Implementation of new data management systems, as part of the institute's transition towards open science.
• Knowledge and professional experience:
Advanced level in English
Advanced level in IT tools
Bilingual Catalan and Spanish.
No previous experience is required
• Personal Competences:
Ability to work as a part of a team, open-minded, multi-task capacity, control under stress, proactivity, capacity to work under deadlines.
Summary of conditions:
• Full time work (37,5h/week)
• Contract Length: Temporary (1 year)
• Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
• Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
• Support to the relocation issues.
• Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: 15 December 2023
Aquestes actuacions estan subvencionades pel SOC i es financen amb càrrec als fons procedents del Pla de Recuperació, Transformació i Resiliència –Finançat per la Unió Europea NextGenerationEU
- Being unemployed and registered in the "Servei Públic d'Ocupació de Catalunya" the day before the contract starts.
- Being between 16 and 30 years old.
- Meeting the requirements for formalizing a training contract
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website https://jobs.icn2.cat/job-openings/571/strategy-development-officer and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 3 December 2023
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.