The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking an X-ray Diffraction Technician to work in the Diffraction Unit within the Characterization Technologies Department.
ICIQ is one of the world’s internationally recognized leading institutions in the field of chemistry committed to solving major social and economic challenges by conducting top quality research in three main areas: Sustainable Catalysis, Renewable Energy and Health. The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programs to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
ICIQ is currently seeking a senior crystallographer to fill an available position within the Diffraction Unit. As a part of ICIQ’s core scientific facilities, the Diffraction Unit specializes in providing comprehensive scientific and technological support in various areas such as crystallization, single crystal X-ray structure determination, single crystal electron diffraction for structure determination (3D-ED), and powder X-ray diffraction to various research groups at ICIQ. Equipped with cutting-edge single crystal and powder diffraction systems, along with several advanced accessories, the unit is capable of performing measurements beyond standard conditions.
• Single Crystal Structure Determination:
• Conduct single crystal selection and preparation.
• Oversee sample measurement, structure solution, and structure refinement processes.
• Powder X-ray Diffraction:
• Execute measurement procedures and evaluate collected data.
• Supervise and assist users during their utilization of the equipment.
• Equipment Maintenance:
• Responsible for the regular maintenance and upkeep of all available devices within the unit.
• Data Management:
• Manage and organize relevant data, ensuring that it is accurate and readily available for reference and analysis.
• PhD or Bachelor degree in Science with experience in an X-ray diffraction laboratory.
• Experience in single crystal X-ray structure determination and refinement.
• Good knowledge of English (oral and written).
• Experience in the crystallization of organic or organometallic compounds.
• Experience in the maintenance of X-ray diffraction devices.
• Catalan written and spoken (C level).
• A permanent full-time contract*.
• Remuneration according to individual’s qualifications/experience.
• Annual salary split in twelve monthly payments
• Incorporation: Immediate.
* Structural position resulting from the ordinary reposition quota for 2023.
OTM-R principles in the selection processes
ICIQ follows the principles of Open, Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as established by the European Commission.
ICIQ follows in its selection process a gender equality opportunity policy and a non-discrimination policy on the basis of age, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language and disability.
ICIQ is committed to promoting a work-life balance for its employees and, as such, offers flexible working hours.
ICIQ’s selection process usually entails the following phases:
• Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise as reflected on the candidates’ CVs. This phase is merit-based.
• Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and the appointed Selection Committee.
• Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is selected, the People Unit will extend a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary and overall job conditions.
For further information, you can visit our HR Excellence in Research page at: HR Excellence in Research (iciq.org)