The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation * (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission (https://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/hr-excellence-research). This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers (https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/european-charter) and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code) (https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy (https://www.crg.eu/sites/default/files/crg/crg_recruitment_policy.pdf ).
*It is foreseen that the CNAG will become part of a new independent legal entity, the Consortium for the exploitation of the National Centre for Genomic Analysis, with registered office at C/ Baldiri Reixach, nº 4, 08028 - Barcelona, following a process of spin-off from the CRG, which is expected to be effective on 1 July 2023.”
We have an opening for a Junior Quality Manager to play a key role in Instand-NGS4P (https://www.instandngs4p.eu/). The aim is to develop a standardised Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflow from NGS data analysis to medical-decision making for common and rare adult and paediatric cancer. The new Junior Quality Manager will work in the quality certification of the RD-Connect Genome Phenome Analysis Platform (https://platform.rd-connect.eu/) and the extension of the CNAG’s Quality Management System (QMS) participating in the following tasks:
• Provide support to the Quality Manager in the maintenance and improvement of the CNAG’s QMS
• Collaborate with the Quality Manager in the implementation of new ISO standard requirements for the quality certification of the RD-Connect Genome Phenome Analysis Platform
• Support CNAG staff in defining and generating new documentation to be included in the QMS
• Surveillance of procedures to assure compliance and detect opportunities of improvement
• Contribution to the preparation of quality reports and other quality duties that may be required
About the team
The successful candidate will closely work with the Quality Manager, Dra. Lidia Sevilla, as part of the CNAG team, which has over 90 members and offers continuous growth and support on a professional level. The CNAG works to obtain the maximum level of quality and its recognition through the voluntary compliance of quality standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), in a stimulating scientific environment, applying state-of-the-art technologies to breakthrough research projects in Genomics that have an impact on people’s health.
Whom would we like to hire?
• University degree in science, science engineering or similar
• Postgraduate studies related to quality management will be a plus
• Fluency in English
Desirable but not required
• Previous experience in a quality-related position in research or in the health sector
• Experience in genomics and next generation sequencing technologies
• Knowledge and interest in the scientific areas of biotechnology and medical devices
• Excellent organizational, planification and communication skills
• Motivated, efficiently and hard working
• Proactivity, commitment and integrity
• Pay attention to detail
• Effective troubleshooting skills
• Work as part of a team but also able to work very reliably and autonomously
• Advanced MS Office skills
• Contract duration: Open-ended position linked to a project.
• Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: as soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section (https://www.crg.eu/en/content/training).
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A short motivation letter addressed to Dra Lidia Sevilla.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
All applications must be addressed to Dra Lidia Sevilla and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - https://recruitment.crg.eu/content/jobs/position/junior-quality-manager
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the People department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 2nd June, 2023.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form (https://recruitment.crg.eu/webforms/recruitment-contact-form-suggestionscomplaints).