POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (REVOLT) – NOVEL ENERGY-ORIENTED MATERIALS GROUP
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 17 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research area or group: Novel Energy-Oriented Materials Group
Description of Group/Project: Novel Energy-Oriented Materials Group works in materials science and electrochemistry for energy-related applications. It leads several research projects and industrial contracts in energy storage and conversion. We design and synthesise new materials, including graphene and other nanocarbons, nanostructured conducting polymers and hybrid nanocomposite materials for their use in energy storage devices, such as rechargeable lithium batteries or other non-lithium technologies (i.e. sodium and zinc), supercapacitors and hybrid devices.
Este contrato es parte del proyecto PLEC2022-009328 financiado por MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 y por la Unión Europea NextGenerationEU/ PRTR
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
Development of a novel battery concept based on nanopastes. The main task and responsibilities will be:
- Electroactive nanomaterials preparation and their characterization (CV, FTIR, TEM, SEM...)
- Design and assembly of ad-hoc devices.
- Electrochemical measurements (CV, GCD, Impedance) for cell characterization.
- Post-mortem analysis of cells
- Patent/paper/ reports writing
Education: Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Electrochemical Engineering, and/or Chemistry.
- Supercapacitors development
- Batteries development and optimization
- Device engineering and their design.
- Preparation of nanomaterials (inorganic and/or organic)
- Characterization techniques for nanomaterials (electrochemical, electronic microscopy, chemical analysis)
- Proactivity and Resilience
- Good communication and writing skills in English will be required (Spanish and Catalan desirable).
Summary of conditions:
Full time work (37,5h/week)
Contract Length: 3 years
Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
Support to the relocation issues.
Estimated Incorporation date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website https://jobs.icn2.cat/job-openings/465/postdoctoral-researcher-revolt-novel-energy-oriented-materials-group and include the following:
A cover letter.
A full CV including contact details.
2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 14/04/2023
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.