Project and financial manager for national and international projects at the CBGP (UPM-INIA, CSIC)
The Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas (CBGP) is a joint research center founded
in 2006 between the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) and the Instituto Nacional de
Investigación y Tecnología Agraria y Alimentaria (INIA), today, a Centro Nacional of the CSIC.
The CBGP (UPM-INIA, CSIC) has been recognized by the Spanish Research Agency as Centre
of Excellence Severo Ochoa, the highest institutional recognition of scientific research excellence
in Spain, during the periods 2017-2021 and 2022-2025.
What You'll Do
As a project and financial manager, you will be in charge of:
• Technical and financial management of R&D projects at a European, national and regional level:
- Supervision of expenses executed to assure their future justification is possible
- Management and supervision of the economic justification of projects
- Management and supervision of the personnel justification of projects
- Support in administrative requirements of project management
- Support in project audits.
• Support of coordinators and researchers during the preparation of new national and international
proposals, giving advice to support negotiations and establish formal commitments, writing
economic/administrative reports, analyzing operating costs, etc.
• Bachelor's and / or master's degrees in the field related to life sciences, economics or project
• At least 3 years of professional experience as an assistant / manager of EU and/or national R&D
• Experience in administrative proposals and project management.
• Experience in the European funding programs Horizon 2020, Horizon Europe.
• Knowledge of the European standards of communication, dissemination and exploitation.
• Knowledge in the justification of European projects, audits and preparation of proposals.
• Excellent level of Spanish and English (C1/C2 level in both languages).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ready to face new challenges, able to work within the deadlines of calls for
applications/justification of projects, ability to work effectively as a member of a team, flexibility
Nice to Have
• Legislative knowledge regarding subsidies and science and technology.
• Great ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment and ability to adapt to different sectors.
• Problem solving approach, proactive and decisive attitude.
• Availability to travel.
Perks & Benefits
• Work environment in a Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence with a dynamic professional team
in continuous development.
• Work with a team of administrative and managing staff to fulfill the functions of the role.
• Full time employment
• Indefinite contract
• Immediate incorporation.
• The salary will be set according to qualifications and experience, and within the salary range
between 33,000-38,000 euros.