Ref. 2024-002-01 Clean Room – ATMPs Technical Director
The Vall d´Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) Seeks a “Clean Room – ATMPs Technical Director”
Reference: Ref. 2024-002-01
Application deadline: Until position filled
Number of vacancies: 1
Reporting to the Advanced Therapies Program Manager, his/ her mission will be to lead the Advanced Therapies Accelerator Unit at VHIO. The position is fostered by the Advanced Therapies Accelerator AECC Excellence Program.
- Technical management of the academic Advanced Therapies Accelerator Unit – Clean Room with the responsibilities and qualifications described in current GMPs/NCF regulations.
- Release of production batches.
- Management of the quality system and production, guaranteeing compliance with NCFs-GMPs.
- Participate in the design of new processes and new Clean Room facility.
- Preparation of technical reports and coordination of control actions and changes.
- Coordination of continuous production processes improvement
- Validation of production processes in terms of technical requirements.
- Doctorate or Master's degree in the biosciences field (preferably pharmacy, medicine, veterinary, chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry and technology and biology).
- Training and experience in cell and tissue biology, biotechnological techniques, cell processing, characterization, and potency testing.
- Training and experience of minimum 2 years in GMP/NCF manufacturing environments
- Experience in the production and quality management of ATMP will be especially valued
- Experience as Quality Assurance or Alternate Technical Director (Qualified Person) who meets requirements to assume the Technical Direction will be especially valued
- Previous experience in the approval of new processes and/or facilities by the AEMPS will be especially valued
- High organizational skills for multi-stakeholders’ projects.
- Date of incorporation: as soon as possible
- Estimated annual gross salary: remuneration will depend on the experience and competencies of the candidate.
- Flexible retribution program (includes restaurant check, Medical Insurance, transport, and kindergarten check). 23 holiday days and 5 free disposal days
Applicants should send a full Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter to email@example.com including the reference “Ref. 2024-002-01” in email subject line. Please also attach the names and contacts of at least 2 references.
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.