The Vall d´Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) Seeks a “Scientific Project Manager”
Reference: Ref. 77-2023
Application deadline: until position filled
Number of vacancies: 1-3
The VHIO’s Scientific Management Area embraces science management as a fascinating opportunity to develop your career in a stimulating research environment. We are a consolidated Area that provides support to VHIO’s Scientific Direction and research groups to promote the development and implementation of their research lines. We seek a highly motivated, self-driven and committed scientific project manager with previous experience in a similar position or specific training. We are inviting applications from enthusiastic candidates with a background in scientific management, ideally in life sciences.
- Coordinate and manage awarded R&D projects providing on-going management, technical and/ or scientific support.
- Provide guidance and assessment to VHIO’s investigators and support VHIO’s Scientific Direction.
- Participate in the conceptualization, development and implementation of institutional initiatives and proposals.
- Help manage and monitor institutional programs.
- Assess in the preparation and writing of competitive project proposals.
- Support competitive grant application processes.
What do we need?
- University degree (preferably in the Health Sciences or Business Administration) with proven experience.
- Excellent spoken and written English imperative.
- Previous experience in scientific management or related professional areas.
- The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, proactiveness and strong capacity to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Personal efficiency in the daily management of time and duties.
What do we offer:
- Full-time position (40h/week).
- Permanent contract.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Salary will be based on merit, experience, and profile.
- Flexible remuneration program (includes restaurant vouchers/cards, transport, medical insurance, and “daycare” voucher).
- Flexible working hours and measures to balance work, family, and personal life, and promote gender equality, as established in the VHIO collective agreement.
- 23 days of holidays and 5 personal days.
- Access to VHIO’s personal development and training plan.
- Being part of a center that is in permanent growth, highly competitive, seeking excellence in research and collaborating with leading teams at the national and international level.
- We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome all people equally, regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Interested candidates should submit a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the reference “Ref. 77-2023” in the subject line of your email.
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.