The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission (https://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/hr-excellence-research). This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers (https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/european-charter) and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code) (https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy (https://www.crg.eu/sites/default/files/crg/crg_recruitment_policy.pdf ).
The mission of the Research Indicators Manager will be to manage and analyse CRG’s Key Performance Indicators (i.e., publications, demography, funding, alumni, etc.) to improve efficiency in operations and design new metrics for reporting and benchmarking, according to the CRG Strategic Plan. She/he will be in charge of monitoring and analysing the CRG indicators for report purposes as well as for supporting strategic decisions of the CRG. The successful candidate will work at the Strategy and Funding (SaF) department and in close collaboration with the direction bodies.
The successful candidate shall:
• Monitor, analyse and exploit relevant research and corporate indicators.
• Generate indicators to report to funding bodies and to support the strategy and decision-making of the CRG. Propose and test new metrics for research and impact assessment.
• Manage relevant databases (in particular, the publications database) and maintain records of internal/external reports.
• Oversee that all CRG scientific publications comply with Open Access (OA) policies and institutional/funding bodies requirements.
• Identify areas that need further development for OA and research data management.
• Liaise with other research institutes to share good practice on management of scientific output, metrics and OA.
About the team
The SaF Team (https://www.crg.eu/en/content/about-us/strategy-and-funding) focuses on strengthening the international and interdisciplinary dimension of the CRG and create new opportunities in projects, funding and collaborations for the scientific community. The SaF Team is committed to fostering excellence at the CRG and supporting the CRG Director through diverse institutional and strategic initiatives, and scientific project management.
Whom would we like to hire?
• Work experience in an international research-management environment
• Experience in digital content management, and information and knowledge management (preferably domain knowledge of scientific publications)
• Knowledge on Open Science (particularly on OA) and on new trends in research assessment
• Experience in the analysis and generation of corporate and research indicators
• Experience in the management of relevant databases (i.e. iMarina or similar) and database software/applications (i.e. MS Access)
Education and training
• Degree in documentation science, data science or related fields
• (PhD) degree in life sciences or related fields would be valued
• You are proficient in English
• Spanish and/or Catalan are desirable
• Data analysis and modelling
• Knowledge of the EU research and innovation impact agenda and science policy areas (Open Science, Data management, Ethics, Gender)
• Strong IT skills (website content management systems, CRM databases) and ability to use digital/social media
• Detail oriented
• Highly developed organisation and problem-solving skills
• Ability to create structure of a wide variety of data
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Open-ended
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: as soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section (https://www.crg.eu/en/content/training).
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Joaquim Calbó and be submitted online on the CRG Career site -https://recruitment.crg.eu/content/jobs/position/research-indicators-manager
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates’ CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the People department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 30/05/2023
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form (https://recruitment.crg.eu/webforms/recruitment-contact-form-suggestionscomplaints).
Severo Ochoa: Ayuda CEX2020-001049-S financiada por MCIN/ AEI / 10.13039/501100011033