“SCIENTIFIC PROJECT MANAGER”
Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are seeking for a Scientific Project Manager to join the Strategy and Funding (SaF) team at CRG. The position is offered within the framework of two projects funded by the European Innovation Council (EIC): The “PLAST_CELL”(EIC Pathfinder Open) project, coordinated by Dr Verena Ruprecht, aims at developing a microfluidics-based imaging platform to categorize and score cancer cell plasticity within diverse physiologically relevant 3D biomimetic culture conditions. The “TAONas-LUAD” (EIC Transition Open) project, coordinated by Dr Juan Valcárcel, aims at bringing an innovative therapeutic approach based on the use of Antisense Oligonucleotides that inhibit tumour growth in different mouse models of lung adenocarcinomas to a stage where it is ready to be validated in clinical trials
The Scientific Project Manager will be responsible for the successful management and implementation of both projects and will work closely with the project Coordinators and the SaF team as well as the CRG offices for technology transfer (TBDO), financial management, and communication.
Job duties include:
• Managing projects to ensure their success and compliance with EU regulations and deadlines.
• Writing new Horizon Europe proposals with a focus on early innovation (TRL1-3) proposals
• Developing strategies for the valorisation of research outcomes, identifying clear pathways to transform potential research results into tangible innovations within the context of a Horizon Europe-funded EIC project.
• Promoting communication and collaborations among the partners as well as with relevant initiatives and consortia.
• Ensuring that reports, deliverables, and milestones are completed in a timely manner and at the highest quality.
• Overseeing and advising on transversal aspects such as Open Science, Ethics, Research Data Management and Sex/Gender dimension in research.
• Organizing relevant events such as project meetings and workshops.
• Acting as an advisor to partners on scientific, and administrative issues, including, legal, and financial aspects.
• Managing the content of the project websites, social media and ensuring dissemination and outreach of project results to the scientific community, relevant stakeholders and the general public.
About the department
The SaF Department focuses on strengthening the international and interdisciplinary dimension of the CRG and creating new opportunities in projects and collaborations for the scientific community. The team provides strategic advice and support to the Director; and fosters and coordinates institutional projects and collaborations.
Whom would we like to hire?
• Research experience in an international environment
• Previous experience in project management and management of collaborations
• Previous involvement in European or other international grants and/or in organizing scientific meetings, training events, and/or workshops
• Experience in innovation management, valorisation of research and/or business development
Education and training
• PhD degree in life sciences or related fields appreciated
• Training on entrepreneurship and/or innovation management would be valued
• Proficient command of spoken and written English
• Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan would be useful
• Project management
• Scientific grant writing
• Strong IT skills (Excel, online communication tools, website content management systems, etc.)
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Proactive, flexible, and problem-solving attitude
• Good team player with the ability to work independently
• Precise, with attention to detail, and well organized
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Open – ended contract (24 months)
• 30 days of annual leave (based on 40 hours/week)
• Teleworking possible (2 days per week)
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: as soon as possible, early January 2024.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and is offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Natalia Dave, Head of the SaF team, detailing your suitability for this position and the value you can bring based on your background and skills.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be submitted online on the CRG Career site:http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be merit-based including CV and motivation letter.
Candidacies including general motivation letters won’t be considered.
₋ Interviews: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by a selection panel, including members of the SaF team, an external expert and a People Department official.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified, the People Department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 30/11/2023.